Student-assistant for Professor Johan Schot at UGLOBE
20 hours per week, to be filled by 1 or 2 students (start date: as soon as possible)
Utrecht University’s Centre for Global Challenges (UGlobe) is looking for a student-assistant for Johan Schot, professor of Comparative Global History. Schot’s research interests are wide-ranging, integrating social science and historical perspectives for a better understanding of the nature and governance of radical socio-technical change. He specifically focuses on topics of sustainability transitions, innovation and international organisations from a historical perspective.
The student assistant will work in close collaboration with Schot and his team (3 researchers, a project manager and communications advisor). Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with research activities, e.g. by conducting a literature study, collecting research materials, prepare a PowerPoint presentation etc.
- Assisting with editorial activities, e.g. annotation of references, layout of manuscript, collating contributions by different authors, making an index, etc.
- Assisting with teaching activities, e.g. by collecting literature, compiling the course syllabus, placing information on Blackboard, register grades, etc.
- Posting information or updates on the different project websites or social media channels.
- Assisting with organising workshops and conferences.
- Various other administrative duties, e.g. scheduling meetings, copying/scanning materials, keep CV, research gate, Google Scholar and Pure updated, etc.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is interested in research and has affinity with the research topics of Johan Schot. Has strong writing skills demonstrated by excellent grades for research papers.
- Is responsible, pro-active and flexible. Is good in planning and organising tasks and can handle peak moments in the work.
- Is concise and has eye for detail when assisting with editorial activities.
- Is Fluent in English. Dutch proficiency is optional.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, preferably also Excel).
- Is preferably available for a minimum of 12 months. Candidate must be registered as a student at Utrecht University and be allowed to work in the Netherlands.
An interesting position in a dynamic academic environment with flexible working hours. The start date is as soon as possible. We have funding for 20 hours per week, which can be filled by either one or two students. Please indicate in your letter the number of hours you would be available and which part(s) of the work you are most interested in (in case of applying to part of the available hours). Salary is determined based on the study phase of the candidate and will range between €2.049 and €2.390 gross per month on a fulltime basis.
More information and application
For more information or questions please contact Susanne Keesman (project manager) at email@example.com or 030 – 253 84 70. For more information on Johan Schot’s research see his personal website (http://www.johanschot.com/) and the website of the TIP Consortium (www.tipconsortium.net/).
Please apply by sending your CV (max 2 A4), cover letter (max 1 A4) and a list of study results (1 A4 of courses + final grades) no later than 12 June 2019 to Susanne Keesman (firstname.lastname@example.org).