- Do you have an extensive interest and would you like to know what's going on in the world?
- Do you enjoy getting to know people with very diverse (academic) backgrounds?
- Do you want to look beyond the field of your study?
- Do you like the idea of organising activities with a committee or a society?
- Do you enjoy nights at the bar?
- Do you like the idea of traveling to extraordinary countries with fellow SIB'ers?
If you said yes to any of these questions, SIB is something for you!
Why become a member?
There are many reasons to become a member of SIB-Utrecht. Here are a few of them:
- You will get to know many people. This starts at the introduction period; the weekend consists of a camp or city trip, depending on when you become a member. This introduction weekend does not involve any hazing. Apart from the pleasant introduction period, there aren’t any obligations, so you can become as active as you want!
- Every Tuesday there is a lecture or debate by expert speakers on an international or current topic.
- Every Tuesday evening, after the lecture, there are drinks with delicious snacks and cocktails at our favourite bar, café Hemingway!
- Excursions, symposiums, city trips, galas, parties, trips and many more activities.
- Three to four times a year, free of charge, to the film in cinema Springhaver, followed by a debate or talk about the film.
- The SIB-Link, the association’s magazine, on your doormat four times a year. In this magazine you will find news about the association, background articles and especially many photos.
- The possibility to become a member of one of our many committees and societies. Here you can make friends, organize activities and work on your resume!
How do you become a member?
- Sign up!
- Join one of our introduction periods (no hazing)
- Our next introduction period will take place on 18-20 September 2020
Through all of Europe and beyond! With SIB you can travel to the coolest locations with fellow students.
Ideal for when you want more besides your studies! Every Tuesday we organise an intellectual evening programme.