Feeds; 4 people
Time; +/- 45min
- 1kg potatoes
- 1kg carrots
- 1-2 unions
- Knob of ginger (optional
- 2 tablespoons of butter (leave out if vegan)
- 3 tablespoons of milk (leave out if vegan)
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots in 8cm chunks (the smaller the pieces the faster it cooks).
- Finely dice the onion and ginger.
- Fill a pot of potatoes, carrots, onions, and ginger. Fill the pot with salted water until it covers the ingredients.
- Boil for 30min (time may differ per situation, you will, however, know that it is done when you can easily pierce the potatoes and carrots with a fork).
- Drain the pot and mash the ingredients.
- Add butter and milk and season it to taste.
- Optionally serve with (vegan) sausages and sambal.